CONCEALED CARRY (CCHL)
(Monday - Friday ~ 8:30AM - 4:30PM)
Once an Atchison County resident has received the mandatory training and completed the application packet, they should call the Sheriff's Office to schedule the fingerprint appointment. At the time of appointment, bring the completed packet and correct fees to the Atchison County Sheriff's Office.
The applicant will be fingerprinted and the Sheriff's Office will collect and forward all paperwork to the Attorney General's Office for a criminal background check by the KBI. The Attorney General's Office is the sole authority in determining if a permit will be granted.
What Will You Need?
- $32.50 (money order, cashier's or personal check) payable to the Atchison County Sheriff's Office
- $100.00 (money order, cashier's or personal check) payable to the "Office of the Attorney General
- Proof of sufficient handgun training
- A passport-type color photograph
- A clear photocopy of your Kansas driver's license or ID card
- And of Course, the Completed Application
See detailed instructions on the Concealed Carry Application